Are you looking for the 7 best credit cards for grocery purchases? Do you heavily spend on groceries monthly? If so, then you need a credit card that will help you save while you spend. You also need a credit card that will allow you to earn lots of rewards for your expenses The credits cards we recommend are the best. They pay up to 6% cash back on your grocery purchases and allow you to earn rewards on your other credit card purchases too. You can use one credit card for all your purchases to maximize the number of rewards you can earn.
However, do not forget that interest rates are higher on rewards credit cards. So, always pay your balance in full each month to avoid costly finance charges that may kill the rewards you stand to earn.
7 Best Credit Cards for Grocery Purchases; Best Overall is Blue Cash Preferred from American Express
This card is issued by the American Express. It enables its cardholders to earn the most on groceries.
Its features include the followings;
- pays 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases.
- . The annual fee is $95.
- It has an APR of from 15.24% to 26.24% based on your creditworthiness.
- Enjoy 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months.
- Grocery purchases at warehouse clubs, superstores, corner stores, and specialty food stores don’t qualify for the 6% category earn rewards at the base rate of 1%.
- 3% back on ground transportation.
- It gives 1% cash back on everything else. Grocery purchases above $6,000 in a calendar year will earn 1%.
7 Best Credit Cards for Grocery Purchases; Runner-Up is Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express
The card is issued by the American Express. Features of the Blue Cash Everyday Card include the followings;
- Grocery purchases over $6,000 in a calendar year will earn 1% cash back.
- Gives 3% cash back on up to $6,000 per year.
- Grocery purchases at U.S. supermarkets qualify for 3% cash back rewards.
- 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months.
- 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select departments and 1% cash back on everything else.
- The purchases APR is 15.24 to 26.24
- Earn $150 bonus statement credit by spending $1,000 in the first three months of account opening.
Best for Amazon Prime Members: Amazon Prime Rewards Visa
In 2017, Amazon acquired Whole Foods. It later added Whole Foods purchases to its Prime Rewards Visa, which is available only to Amazon Prime members. With the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa. If you are an Amazon Prime Member, this card is a must for you. It has very appealing features. They include the followings;
- There’s no annual fee.
- If you are a new cardholder, you get a $70 Amazon.com gift card upon approval instantly and no minimum spending requirement
- The prime membership is $119.
- 5% back on Whole Foods Market and Amazon.com purchases
- The APR for purchases and balance transfers is 16.24% to 24.24%.
- 2% back at restaurants, gas stations and drugstores, and 1% back on all other purchases.
- Your points are redeemable in any amount on eligible purchases at Amazon.com.
7 Best Credit Cards for Grocery Purchases; Best for Bank of America Customers is Bank of America Cash Rewards Credit Card
The Bank of America Cash Rewards Credit card is issued by the Bank of America. It is very interesting to use since it has mouth-watering features.
- Enjoy a 0% introductory APR for the first 12 billing cycles on purchases and balance transfers made within the first 60 days.
- The APR is 15.24% to 25.24%.
- It has no annual fee.
- Cardholders earn up to 75% bonus on their rewards based on the balance they keep in their accounts.
- It offers big rewards on your first $2,500 in combined grocery, gas and wholesale club purchases each quarter.
- Spend $500 in the first three months of opening your account and you can earn a $200 signup bonus.
- Grocery and wholesale club purchases earn 2% back while gas purchases earn 3%. All your other purchases earn 1% cash back.
Best Flat Rate Rewards: Chase Freedom Unlimited
With the chase freedom unlimited, just keep earning as you spend. 0% introductory APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. The APR is 17.24% to 25.99%. Cardholders earn 3% cash back on all purchases in their first year on up to $20,000 spent. After, earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
Best for Military: PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature
This card is issued by PenFed. It pays rewards that can be used for gift cards, travel tickets, hotel accommodations, etc. Cardholders earn 3 points for every dollar spent on groceries and military commissaries. 5 points for every dollar spent on gas and one point for every dollar spent on all other purchases. The purchases APR and cash advances are from 11.74% to 17.99% based on your creditworthiness.
Cardholders have the opportunity to earn a $100 statement credit if they spend $1,500 in the first 90 days of opening account.
Best for Unlimited Rewards: Capital One Savor
This card gives big rewards on food purchases including groceries. It also gives you the opportunity to earn an unlimited number of rewards. Earn 2% on purchases including groceries. Cardholders earn 4% on dining and entertainment and 1% on all other purchases. Plus, you can earn 8% cash back on tickets at Vivid Seats through May 2020.
The card has no annual fee for the first year. Subsequently, the annual fee is $95. There is no foreign transaction fee. If you are able to spend $3,000 in the first three months after opening your account, you’ll earn a one-time $500 cash bonus.