This article discusses the best cash back credit cards. The Cash back credit cards are one of the best types of rewards credit cards. These credit cards pay cash back rewards on credit card purchases. Many of them have amazing signup bonuses, too. Others have great perks on top of the cash back. If you need a cash back credit card, do not worry because we have a detailed guide on the 6 best cash back credit cards.
However, while choosing the cards, carefully review them to know then types of purchases that earn the most rewards. If you tend to spend evenly on all your purchases, a flat-rate rewards credit card is a better option. A 0% promotional interest rate allows you to earn rewards on a big purchase without paying any interest at all.
Here is the list of the Best Cash Back credit cards:
- Capital One Quicksilver Rewards ; The overall best
- Discover It ; The best in giving perks
- Blue Cash Preferred American Express; Best for everyday spending
- Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa ; Best for gas purchases.
- Citi Double Cash; Best incentive for repaying.
- Uber Cash Rewards Card ; Best for dinning.
Best Cash-Back Credit Cards ; Overall Best is Capital One Quicksilver Rewards
The Capital One Quicksilver Rewards card is a simple rewards card . It helps you earn a flat-rate rewards on all your purchases.
Also, cardholders earn unending 1.5% cash back on all purchases. And as an early spend bonus, new cardholders earn a $150 cash bonus after spending $500 within the first three months of opening account.
Other Features of the Card include the followings;
- You must have an Excellent credit to use it.
- No annual fee.
- $150 cash bonus when you spend $500 in the first three months.
- Intro APR is 0% on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months
- The purchases APR is from 16.24% to 26.24% variable
- Balance Transfer Fee is 3% of the transfer amount for the first 15 months; None after the first 15 months.
- $10 or 3% cash advance fee.
- No foreign transaction fee.
Best Cash-Back Credit Cards ; Best Perks is Discover It
The Discover it has a lot of amazing cash back rewards. Its Cardholders earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in purchases in categories that rotate each quarter. All other purchases earn 1% cash back, even if the purchases are above $1,500 in bonus categories. Rather than an initial signup bonus, Discover automatically matches all the cash back you earn at the end of your first year.
The Discover It Card also has a lot of other Fantastic Features;
- Free social security number alerts.
- A Freeze feature which allows you to freeze your account to avoid intruders when your credit card is missing.
- Access to free FICO score each month with your credit card statement.
- No annual and foreign transaction
- There is no sign up bonus.
- You must have a Good credit to qualify for the card.
- The Introductory APR is 0% for 14 months on balance transfers and purchases
- Purchases APR is 14.24% to 25.24% bases on your credit worthiness.
- Balance Transfer Fee is 3% of the transfer amount that posts to your account by August 10, 2019; after that 5%
- $10 or 5% of the cash advance
Best for Everyday Spending is Blue Cash Preferred American Express
The Blue Cash Preferred Is perfectly designed for American Families who spend heavily on groceries and gas.
Below are the very interesting rewards and features it offers.
- You must have an Excellent credit score to apply for this card.
- The Annual Fee is $95.
- Purchases APR of 0% on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months.
- Sign up bonus of $200 back when you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first three months.
- Foreign Purchase Transaction Fee of 2.7% of the amount after conversion to U.S. dollars
- . Earn 6% cash back on up to $6,000 in purchases at U.S. supermarkets; 3% cash back at gas stations; 6% back on select US streaming services; 3% back on ground transportation; and 1% on everything else, including grocery purchases above the $6,000 threshold.
- Ongoing APR: 15.24% to 26.24% variable
- Balance Transfer Fee: $5 or 3% of the transfer amount
- Cash Advance Fee: $5 or 3% of the cash advance
Best for Gas Purchases: Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa
This cars is issued by the Bank of America. The Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa pays very large rewards on gas purchases, this is ideal for people who use their vehicles a lot.
Its features include the followings;
- Sign up bonus of $200 cash rewards after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days.
- No annual fee.
- You must have a good credit before applying for this card.
- Introductory APR of 0% for 12 months on purchases; and balance transfers made within the first 60 days.
- 3% cash back on gas purchases and 2% back on grocery store and wholesale clubs on the first $2,500 in combined gas/grocery/wholesale club purchases each year. Earn 1% cash back on everything else.
- The purchases APR is from 16.24% to 26.24%.
- Bank of America customers get a 10% bonus when they redeem their rewards into a Bank of America checking or savings account. Bank of America Preferred Rewards clients can increase the bonus up to 75%.
- $10 or 3% of the transfer amount
- Cash Advance Fee is $10 or 5% of the cash advance
- Foreign Purchase Transaction Fee is 3% of the purchase amount in U.S. dollars
Best Incentive for Repaying is Citi Double Cash
The Citi Double Cash pays a 1% rewards on all purchases and then another 1% as you pay off your balance.
The Citi Double Cash has the following features;
- You must have a good credit before applying for the card.
- The first late payment fee is waived. If you’re late again, you’ll be charged a late fee up to $39.
- Special access of cardholders to event tickets, like presale concert tickets through Citi Private Pass.
- $10 or 5% of the cash advance
- $5 or 3% of the transfer amount as balance transfer fee.
- Purchases APR is from 15.74% to 25.74%
- 0% on balance transfers for 18 months.
- Foreign Purchase Transaction Fee is 3% of the purchase amount in U.S. dollars.
- Register your purchased items and get an automatic price adjustment if the item’s price drop within the next 60 days.
Best for Dining is Uber Cash Rewards Card
The Uber Visa Card, issued by Barclays. It is very perfect for big spenders on dining. It pays 4% back on dining, including Uber Eats; 3% back on hotel and airfare; 2% back online purchases, including Uber; and 1% back on everything else.
Moreover, as a new cardholder, you can earn a $100 bonus after spending $500 on purchases within the first 90 days. Spend $5,000 or more on your credit card in a year and you’ll get a $50 credit for online services. More interestingly, if you pay your cell phone bill with your credit card you will get $600 for mobile phone damage or theft. You must have a Good credit score before applying for this card. It has no annual and foreign transaction fees. The Sign up bonus is $100 after spending $500 on purchases in the first 90 days. The purchases APR is from 17.99% to 28.74%.