Pay with square is an app that helps you pay for things without taking out your credit card, your wallet, your phone or anything. It is very easy to use. The App is a new one from the square, a $3.2 billion startup in San Francisco led by Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey. This app’s redesigning the way we pay for things.
How Pay with Square Works
All you need to do is to link a credit or debit card to your square account and open “tabs” at places you’d like to buy things. Your device will automatically detect when you’re close to that shop, and will show your name up at the register, along with your picture.
When you are ready to make a purchase, just tell the cashier your name. They’ll verify your name with the photo you have on the file with square, and then it’s click, click, and your done. You don’t need to take out your phone, or your wallet or anything.
Download and Install the App
Requirement of Pay with square App.
- The app is available on compatible Apple iOS and Android devices only.
- Visit square up.com/app on your device’s internet browser, or visit the Apple App Store or Android Google Play.
- Before you begin the app download, ensure that your devices software is up to date.
- Note: The Square point of sale app is free, but you will be required to set up billing information with Apple or Google in order to download apps from their stores
- Click “Get” next to the Square app icon, click “Install” enter your Apple ID password or Touch ID
- Once the download is complete, click open or click the Square icon in your Home screen to open
Note: You may be prompted to connect to Wi-Fi to download the app.
How to sign up for Pay with Square
- Click Create Account
- Supply your personal and business information and to answer a few questions to verify your identity, they are as follows
- Full legal name
- Social security number ( SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification number (ITIN)
- US-based bank account
- Date of birth: current credit card regulations require our customers to be 18 years of age or older to create a Square account
- US home mailing address.
After you download the Square Wallet app from either the iTunes App Store or Google Play, enter your credit card details and upload a photo of yourself. Using your smart phone’s built-in GPS, the Square Wallet app allows you to search for local businesses that accept Square Wallet payments. When you physically enter a store, you click on the store’s name in the Square Wallet app. That’s called “checking in” to the store. When it’s time to pay for your purchases, Just tell the salesperson your name and they will see your picture on their screen. With a click of your picture, the purchase is charged to your credit card.
If you are a regular at a store or restaurant, you can use a special check-in feature and automatically order your favorite items.
Pay with Square used Square Cash to send money to relatives and friends. You don’t need the Square device to use it — only an e-mail address and a debit card. Let’s say you want to give $10 to your brother for his birthday, but he lives in another state. You could use Square Cash. Here’s how it works:
- Compose an e-mail with your brother as the recipient
- Supply the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org to the “CC” field
- In the subject line, write “$10.00”
- Make your happy birthday wishes and press “send”
- Square will e-mail you a link to enter your debit card number
- Your brother will receive two e-mails: the e-mail from you and a second message with a link to enter his debit card information
- The money will arrive in his bank account in one to two days