Here, we have the best credit cards for rewards. Most times, the interest rate of a card is very exorbitant. It could even consume the rewards\ benefits of the card. However, many credit card issuers offer 0% credit cards that allow you to pay no interest on purchases or balance transfers or both. You can take advantage of these no interest credit cards to pay off a large purchase at no interest or to transfer a high-interest rate balance. This kind of credit cards have longer balance periods, no fee on balance transfers or offer the promotional rate to both balance transfers and purchases. Carefully consider the following Best Credit Cards for Rewards.
Best Credit Cards for Rewards; Best for Students is Bank of America Travel Rewards for Students
The Bank of America Travel Rewards card is just the best card for students. It gives 0% introductory interest rate on purchases for the first 12 billing cycles. The regular APR is 16.99 to 24.99%.
Moreover, cardholders earn travel rewards on purchases as well. Ongoing, students earn 1.5 points for every dollar spent on purchases or earn 25,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days of opening your account. If cardholders have an active Bank of America checking or savings account can earn a 10% bonus on rewards. Rewards can be redeemed on any airline or hotel purchase at any time. You’ll also have access to your FICO score through Bank of America’s Mobile Banking app or via online banking. This is perfectly ideal for building credit. It is among the best credit cards for rewards.
Best Credit Cards for Rewards; Best for No Late Fees: Citi Simplicity
Citi Simplicity offers 21 months of no interest on balance transfers and 12 months of no interest on purchases. That’s almost two years with no interest. After the 0% interest period expires, the regular APR is 16.24 to 26.24%, based on your creditworthiness. This is one of the best credit cards for rewards.
In case you take the opportunity of the 0% interest rate for a balance transfer, you’ll be charged $5 or 5% of your balance as a balance transfer fee. There are no late fees, no penalty rate, and no annual fee. You can also choose your own payment due date so your payment is due at the most convenient time for you and your expenses. Is this not amazing?
Best Credit Cards for Rewards: CapitalOne VentureOne is the best for travel rewards
The Capital One VentureOne gives a 0% interest rate on purchase for the first 12 months of opening your account. The regular APR is 14.24 to 24.24%.
It gives an unlimited 1.25 miles per dollar on all purchases you make on your credit card. New cardholders have the opportunity to earn 20,000 bonus miles after they spend $1,000 on their credit card in the first three months of opening your account.
Best Credit Cards for Rewards; Discover it is the best for customer service
Discover is best known for its customer service. This gives it a lot of rating and award. This card is one of the best credit cards for rewards. It offers the followings;
- The 0% introductory APR applies to both purchases and balance transfers for 14 months. After that, the regular APR is 13.99 to 24.99%. The balance transfer fee on the Discover it is 3%.
- When you spend Up to $1,500 in purchases in certain categories, earn 5% rewards.
- If you register for the 5% rewards, you can start earning at the beginning of the quarter.
- A free FICO score is included with each of your monthly billing statements. Plus, the Freeze it on/off switch allows you to turn on and off access to your credit card to prevent fraudulent charges.
Best Credit Cards for Rewards; BlueCash Everyday Card from American Express
The BlueCash Everyday Card from American Express has one of the best grocery reward options. Its rewards include the followings;
• It pays cash rewards on purchases and has a 0% introductory APR on balance transfers and purchases for the first 15 months – with no annual fee. After the introductory period has expired, the APR is 15.24 to 26.24%. If you use your credit card to transfer a balance, you’ll pay a fee of $5 or 3% of the transaction.
• . You’ll earn 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year; 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores and 1% cash back on everything else.
• Offers $200 back after spending $1,000 with your new card within the first 3 months of opening it.
Best for Low-Interest Rate After Promotion: U.S. Bank Platinum Visa Card
The U.S. Bank Platinum Visa Card is perfectly ideal for its low-interest rates. It offers 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 20 billing cycles. After that, the APR is 12.24 to 24.24%. Anytime you pay your cell phone bill with your credit card, you get a free cell phone protection coverage up to $600 in case of damage or theft. Coverage applies to up to three phones and the deductible is only $ 25.
Chase Slate; Best with no balance transfer fee.
The Chase Slate does not charge any fee for balance transfer within the first 60 days of opening your account. Balances transferred after the first 60 days are charged at 5% or $5, whichever is greater. Balance transfers and purchases both get 0% interest for 15 months from account opening. Afterward, the regular APR is 17.24 to 25.99%. There’s no penalty APR and no annual fee.